Affiliate marketing is a program where a company allows website owners ans bloggers to market their products and services. These website owners and bloggers are referred to as affiliates. These affiliates may carry or display the company's logo or banners on websites and blogs hosted by them. Visitors who click om these links or banners are automatically redirected to sponsor company's site. By promoting such products or services of a sponsor company the affiliates receives commission whenever a sale is made.
Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest and best online jobs for those with good marketing skills. It is becoming more popular particularly in India with the opening many online shopping portals like Amazon , Flipkart, Snapdeal, Jabong etc. With the opening of so many online shopping portals it has given a good opportunity to many website owners and bloggers to earn some money from promoting their products.
How can you become an affiliate marketer and what will be your work?
- The first thing you need to do is find out the best and trusted affiliate programs. There are hundreds of affiliate programs in India like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal etc
- The second step you need to take is to sign up with the affiliate program and become and eligible affiliate.
- The third step you need to take is login to your account and create links or banners of products and promote it on your website or blog.
- When visitors click on a link, they are redirected to the sponsor's company site.
- Whenever a sale is made through the link, you earn commission. You earn a minimum of 3% -15% commission from every sale made.
Does it cost anything to join an affiliate program?
There are absolutely no costs involved in joining or being a part of affiliate programs.You don't have to pay any fees to participate in affiliate programs. You can join Amazon affiliate program and Flipkart affiliate program from here.
If you are from India and join any of the affiliate programs mentioned above then your payments are sent directly to your bank account.